Monday, September 1, 2008

My Reason

My friend wants me to contribute in the band in terms of songwriting. I don't want to because I believe that my sound couldn't possibly combine with Parker's style, and even with a collaborative effort, my sound would change. That is not what I'm currently looking for. He told me that because we're in high school, it's very unlikely that anything we make now is going to be produced. I disagree because I don't think that the gap between the age of 16/17-19 is that great. Let me explain. At the age of 19, great bands and musicians of all styles entered the music world with well defined, professional music. I'm just creating a definition of my personal sound that I can keep as I continue improving. Another reason he wants me to contribute is so we could all get band experience. I believe that we can still do that with our individual instrument playing roles.

No comments: