Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sound

"Hopefully, since I wrote all the songs and have designed the album with simple, yet lush psychedelic-ness in mind, it will sound like The Mattresses. I think it will."

-Travis

It made me think of
my own music. What am I? What would I sound like? I used to think that my (complete) sound would be reminiscent of some sort of lush soundscaped post rock band with vocalized parts of awesomeness full of reverby goodness and melody, combined with acoustic guitar, but its different now. Now, I think that my sound could be characterized by sonic harshness in combination with ambience and melodic intervals filled with piano and distorted synth. Unlike Travis, what I plan is never what I get. So I just make the most out of what I do get. And put noise on top of it.

No comments: