Thursday, January 8, 2009

- - -

I could never explain "why?", it's always been myself, and nothing else
sacrifices that needed to be had
I never seem to be able to take the chance
I'd always lie in my own way, saying "I've been doing so much"
look at my friends, look at my inspirations
were they gutless as me? maybe? hardly? I could never answer
Is it a waste
to think about yourself when everyone tells you
"this is who you are" and "this is who you should be!" directly or indirectly
how do you ignore your mind going to war?
frantically frantic, and desperately desperate
I'll find a way and it won't be yours

everything you wanted to be
do you know you shouldn't be?
we're you ever happy?
you'll never be free
I hope you'll find out who you are
Maybe then you'll stop pretending
you know everyone else

No comments: