Sunday, March 22, 2009

epic? epoch!?

My favorite phrase:

"I don't know... ANYTHING!"

It's universally true in an exaggerated way, and it's also the best response I can say to anything I don't want to answer. I'm joking, somewhat. Somewhat... It's a joke half the time, but i'm being serious half the time as well. 

I don't get people who are epic at so many things. Some people just own at school, own at music, own at everything I want to own at. Do I hold a candle to those dudes? I haven't a clue. I'm a fool in the sense that I don't know how to do anything but music these days. I can't imagine meeting new people that I can become close friends with that aren't musicians. Because 70% of myself is boring, and I don't know how to talk about stuff other people talk about. It doesn't make sense to me at this point. The epic people I speak of are able to socially interact with all types of people effectively. The key word is effectively here, because I can interact, just not to the extent where I can obtain or develop any type of closeness (at least recently- by recently I mean for the past several months). Maybe it's just been this unfortunate year ridden with unfortunate boringness. 

On a different note, this portion of this post will have the greatest likelihood to spiral into sexist remarks (don't worry, it won't actually). I haven't met any girl so far that have as much depth as any my closer friends. It might just be because I haven't gotten to get to know them well enough and develop a friendship, but to retort, I must say that I've been able to communicate less shallowly with male friends I've met and have only known for a short amount of time than with any girl I've ever met or developed a friendship with. I'm obviously not so bigotted to assume that all chicks lack depth and have max amounts of shallowness, but right now what I've seen is pretty embarassing and I'm really impatient to meet her. (on an unrelated note) it's more embarassing to me when I hear many girls complain/brag about how much more mature they are over guys, due to the fact that they generally

1.  can't handle their emotions 
2.  can't handle relationships w/ friends or mates
3.  are insecure to an illogical extent 
4. act pseudo-mature when under the impression that they're more mature

By acting more mature than your age is just retarded, because first of all, unless you're an intense deviant of some sort, your brain is not formatted to think like a older to middle aged person, but that doesn't mean that you can't establish bounds between typical stupid teenage behavior and more mature behavior. So by acting like an older (25+) woman you're both lying to all of us and yourself. It's almost funny, but if I laugh I'd just be another bitter asshole. So I'm not going to laugh. It's not funny because of irony either. It's just sad, because stupidity combined with delusion is sad. I'm just establishing the idea for myself to recall, so in the future when I read my blogs I can see how stupid I once was (just like essentially every other blog I've ever written). 

Ok I'm on crack, later.



No comments: